Saturday, December 23, 2006

Letter from Richard

I got called in to see the case manager today at about 3 PM. She said she would put me in for a transfer to get me moved closer to home, but that I should not get my hopes up. She said that my request would stand a better chance of being approved of she did not to specify a particular location. She said she would word the request "somewhere closer to my release location" (or something similar) and leave it up to the people in Texas who are handling transfers and designations now. She said that there was a fair chance that it would not be approved at all, but there is also a chance that I could get moved to a minimum security prison (a camp) that also happens to be closer to home. That would be just about the best outcome I could hope for at this point. Well, other than the BOP releasing me and saying, "We're sorry sir, but this was all a great big misunderstanding. Here's a couple of million dollars and a Rolls-Royce to help make up for any inconvenience we may have caused". It looks like my security points under the new scoring system will fall either in the upper camp range (0-11), or maybe the lower end of the low security range (12-15). I don't think there is any way that they can score my points high enough to send me to a medium security prison. I am not scheduled for a security recomputation until June 07, but I think they have to do one if I request a transfer (I think). There is also a management variable that tells the BOP that I should not be housed in my "area of interest", and I am sure that will have some impact on my transfer request. It all depends on how that clause is interpreted by the people in Texas (since there is no explanation as to what that really means). She seemed to think that "area of interest" would definitely include the area where I lived and worked, but she didn't know for sure if that would necessarily include ALL of Texas or Oklahoma, but that it would probably include all of both states. That still leaves a lot of ! states t hat are a lot closer than where I am now. She also said that I won't hear anything until at least February, and maybe later. So, IF I get approved (and if they don't send me to the other coast!), then I should be closer to home by this summer or early fall. I hope I can somehow manage to get moved to a CAMP that is closer to home, but the "closer to home" part is my first priority. One problem that I forgot to ask about was my "greater security" management variable that enables the BOP to house me in a higher security facility. Right now, I have zero points, and I am classified as "out custody" (camp eligible), but I was camp eligible from the very first day according to the point system. I think someone here has to submit a request to have that management variable removed before I will ever be able to go to a camp. She didn't say anything about it, and I forgot to ask. She said she would call me in to see her after she recalculates my points, so I have to remember to ask her about it then.
OK, now you know everything I do. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home